Gates Cambridge Scholarship is one of the Prominent funded scholarship many international students have benefited over the years, and it’s exciting to know that this scholarship is currently open for 2023-2024. In this article we shall be exploring all the details including the scholarship coverage, eligibility, acceptable programs, and step by step application procedure for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship and all we ask from you is maximum attention.
International students can apply for the fully funded Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023–2024. This scholarship is available for graduates and Ph.D programs, it offers a yearly stipend of about £18,744, including health insurance, up to £2,000 for academic advancement, and a family allowance of up to £15,612.
The University of Cambridge received the largest award ever given to a UK university—US$210 million—from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in October 2000, resulting in the creation of the Gates Cambridge Scholarship Program.
In this academic year, Gates Cambridge will provide 80 full scholarships to deserving non-UK applicants who wish to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any academic program offered by the University of Cambridge.
Quick Details For Gates Cambridge Scholarship.
- Country of Study: United Kingdom (UK)
- Study Program: Master’s degree, Ph.D.
- Applicable Institution(s): University of Cambridge
- Program Period: 3 years for Ph.D programs and 2 years for master’s degrees
- Courses Offered: All courses available at University of Cambridge UK, except the following courses:
- Undergraduate degrees such as BA or BA affiliated (AKA. BA affiliated)
- Non-degree courses
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Business Doctorate (BusD)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
Gates Cambridge Scholarship Coverage?
- The University of Cambridge Composition Fee
- Costs of immigration health surcharge and inbound visas.
- Maintenance fee for a single student ($18,744 for a year at the rate of 2022–23; prorated for courses lasting less than a year); for Ph.D scholars, the grant covers up to four years.
- One economical single flight for the entire duration of the program.
- In terms of fieldworks, being part of your Ph.D program, you may request to receive up to your regular maintenance allowance while on a field work. The Trust does not cover extra fieldwork expenses because the university composition fee covers all that.
- Depending on the duration of your selected program, you may be eligible for academic development grants ranging from £500 to £2,000 to help you attend conferences and courses.
- If you need financing for maternity or paternity leave, you can seek to put your studies on hold for up to six months while still receiving your maintenance allowance.
- Hardship funds is made available to help students who face unanticipated challenges.
- Family allowance: up to £15,612 for two or more children and £10,944 for one kid (2022–23 rate). A partner is not given any funds.
Eligibility For The Gates Cambridge Scholarship.
- Countries Eligible: All nations of the world.
- Eligible Language(s): English
- All applicants must be residents of foreign countries outside UK with the intent to enroll for postgraduate degree program (full time).
- Applicants are required to have leadership skills and academic excellence.
- Applicants should be able to make a convincing point for a specific postgraduate degree program at Cambridge University.
Detailed Application Process For The Gates Cambridge Scholarship.
All applicants willing to apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship must pay attention to the following process(es)
- Applicants are required to create an account on the application portal of the Gates Cambridge University
- Submit your personal details.
- The following documents are to be provided:
- You scholarship statement; Kindly explain in not more than 3000 words, why you are applying for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship and how you are eligible primary requirements, your statement should be around 500 words.
- If you are applying for a Ph.D program you may need to submit your Research proposal.
- Gates reference: Applicants to Gates Cambridge must submit a reference regarding their compatibility with the scholarship in addition to the two academic references for acceptance.
- Your Resume (CV); to know how you can write a standard resume that increases your chances of getting a scholarship Click Here
- Applicants are required to apply for a specific course of their choice, choose a placement select Gate Cambridge part of the funding section.
- Answer the questions on the application.
- Submit your application.
Need more information about Gates Cambridge Scholarship?
Visit Their Official Website
I personally wish you good luck